Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pressure Washer Spill Valve

MN

01-23-08, 10:55 AM   #1  
Pressure Washer Spill Valve

I have a Karcher G2400HB Pressure Washer with what appears to be a sticky spill valve. The symptom is: it takes up to a minute from the time the lance is triggered to the time it goes to the high pressure mode. In attempting to remove the spill valve, I can grab it's top with a long nose vice-grip and rotate it but can not pull it up and out. Sure would appreciate suggestions on how I might proceed.

Thanks,

Derff

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-23-08, 08:56 PM   #2  
Without looking at it, I'd just say it has some mineral deposits built up around it and I'd suggest spraying some PBlaster at it and work it up and down until you're able to get it out.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MN

01-25-08, 01:59 PM   #3  
Cheese, what is PBlaster, what are alternitives? Vinegar? As long as there is nothing mechanical holding it, I will also try additional force.

Also, what is "Thread Subscription"? I can't find any info about it.

Thanks,

Fred

OK

01-25-08, 03:02 PM   #4  
PBlaster

PBlaster is WD-40 on steriods, super stuff.
thanks,

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-25-08, 08:14 PM   #5  
PBlaster is a good penetrating oil found at most auto parts stores and department stores.

You can subscribe to a thread, such as this, to keep track of it if you click on "subscribe to this thread". Then it can be viewed in thread subscriptions. I used to use it, but don't anymore.

God bless!

MN

01-29-08, 03:18 PM   #6  
OK. I was able to pull the spill valve out. There is a white deposit on the valve and in the cylinder from where I pulled the valve. I plan to soak the cylinder and spill valve in vinegar for awhile then reinstall spill valve and flush. Sound like a good plan?

Fred

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-29-08, 10:00 PM   #7  
The vinegar should help. If there's a lot of crud, go to a sporting goods retailer and get a gun bore brush closest to the size of the bore for the unloader valve. It will clean it out well. During re-assembly, I usually use vaseline on the moving parts and o-rings. It seems to do better than grease for that application.

God bless!

Search this Thread