Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

a? about how to make a peerless 818 tranny a full posi?

MI

01-23-08, 11:25 PM   #1  
a? about how to make a peerless 818 tranny a full posi?

i have a 818 peerless trany and i am new to lawn mower racing and i was wondering on how to make it a full posi? tranny thanks Joe.

Sponsored Links

AL

01-24-08, 10:42 AM   #2  
joe,I have herd of people welding the two spider gears together.

Seams like that would eat up tires faster.

MI

01-24-08, 12:19 PM   #3  
Posted By: repair_guy joe,I have herd of people welding the two spider gears together.

Seams like that would eat up tires faster.
ya but that relly isint a big deal that just goes along with the sport if u know what i mean do u have any picks of that being done because i dont want to mess it up Thanks Joe

MI

01-24-08, 06:29 PM   #4  
any more ideas or the way to do it thanks Joe

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-24-08, 10:23 PM   #5  
Welding it up would be the only way I know of. This will not only eat the tires more, but make steering more difficult and it would probably be prone to break easier. It might be of benefit though, especially when turning a curve when one wheel lifts off the ground. Keep in mind that the gears are forged (not cast) in that tranny if I recall correctly ( a good thing).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

01-25-08, 12:31 PM   #6  
Posted By: cheese Welding it up would be the only way I know of. This will not only eat the tires more, but make steering more difficult and it would probably be prone to break easier. It might be of benefit though, especially when turning a curve when one wheel lifts off the ground. Keep in mind that the gears are forged (not cast) in that tranny if I recall correctly ( a good thing).
Thats the problome win i turn it spins the insid tire only and i lose a as* load of speed do u have and pics of what u weld and how u weld it as fair as how to do it Thanks JOE

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-25-08, 08:23 PM   #7  
No pics, sorry. Just weld the differential gears between the axles.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

01-26-08, 07:54 AM   #8  
Posted By: cheese No pics, sorry. Just weld the differential gears between the axles.
k Sweet man thanks a mill Thanks JOE

Search this Thread