Looking for Tecumseh part Number

Old 01-27-08, 12:06 PM
Looking for Tecumseh part Number

I'm looking for the part number for a carburator spring for a Tecumseh Eager 1 engine. Model # 143.661052. Its on an Craftsman edger Model 536.870542. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-08, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by waterdowg View Post
I'm looking for the part number for a carburator spring for a Tecumseh Eager 1 engine. Model # 143.661052. Its on an Craftsman edger Model 536.870542. Thanks.
Didn't say which spring.But goto this website & fill in model info and it will show you an exploded view of engine with the part #.This will work on your tractor too.

http://www3.sears.com/

Old 01-27-08, 03:12 PM
Thanks I been there but Sears does not give exploded views of the engine parts. They only list the engines a single part. There is only one Spring on the Carburator. I purchase the spring once before about 3 years, but it got lost or used for something else. This is not a tractor it is 9" Lawn edger with a 3.5 HP tecumseh Eager 1 engine.

Old 01-27-08, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
parts

Hey waterdowg,

I went there, and it does show an exploded view of the engine...not good enuf for me to see anything on this old POS pc...but you should be able to go to a sears repair center, if available to to you, or call their 1-800 number?

Old 01-27-08, 04:16 PM
Thanks I went back and entered the Engine model Number. I did know you could also get that info from there. Thanks it was helpful. I have found the part numbers. Does anyone know what the difference between an Extension spring and a Compression spring. The I'm looking for about an inch or so long.

Old 01-27-08, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
springs

As a rule (mine only) extension springs have the coils tightly together when there is no force applied to the ends. Compression springs have the coils spread apart to be able to absorb force applied to the ends.

ex: coil springs on a car are compression, the springs above the metal rails on smaller garage doors are extension.

Old 01-27-08, 04:33 PM
Ok from what I can see on different web pages, the compression spring is used with a screw to keep the screw from moving, and the extention spring is used with the linkage. It looks like I need the extention spring #31349. Please let me know if this is correct as I know I don't need the one for a screw.

Old 01-27-08, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by waterdowg View Post
Ok from what I can see on different web pages, the compression spring is used with a screw to keep the screw from moving, and the extention spring is used with the linkage. It looks like I need the extention spring #31349. Please let me know if this is correct as I know I don't need the one for a screw.
OOOPS typeo....I saw that your engine is on a edger.my mind (what I've got left)LOL was on something else,sorry

Yeah P/N 31349 @ index 52 is the correct number for the governor spring you need.