a ? about tire sizes

Old 01-24-08, 06:07 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question a ? about tire sizes

I have a dynamark with 16by650by8 on an 8 inch rim. Does any bodey know if going to a 6 inch rim with a 13 inch tire on it will that make it handel better? And will that make my top end change alot how much speed would i lose? Thanks Joe

Old 01-24-08, 10:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
It depends on several factors. It might handle better on smooth terrain, worse on rough. It will lose top end. How much is unknown without knowing the circumfrence of the tires.

Old 01-25-08, 12:34 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheese
It depends on several factors. It might handle better on smooth terrain, worse on rough. It will lose top end. How much is unknown without knowing the circumfrence of the tires.
K what do u mean by (ROUGH) like on the track Thats what im doing is racing THANKS JOE

Old 01-25-08, 08:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
I don't know what a lawnmower racing track looks like, so I can't tell you. If it's really bumpy and muddy, then I'd opt for the bigger tires. If it's smooth and fairly dry, and you can obtain the axle rpms to reach the needed speeds, then I might opt for the smaller tire which I would think would be less bouncy and more responsive.

I am not the lawnmower racing expert, so my advice may not be the best to take on the subject.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: