Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

snowblower gasline strainer

PA

01-30-08, 12:08 PM   #1  
snowblower gasline strainer

I have a 5hp Briggs &Stratten,& found rust inside the gastank,so I cleaned it out, then I found a little 1/4inch strainer in the tank which sits above the gasline in the tank,the problem is that it is distorted, my question is ,do I have to put this strainer back in or wil it run without it , how do I get a replacement ?Thank you!

Sponsored Links

AL

01-30-08, 02:25 PM   #2  
It doesn't have any thing to do with the running,less your using dirty gas.But I recomend that you replace it.
Go to your local B&S dealer tell them the model and type # of your engine,and what you want.The'll be able to pull one out of stock for you....or order you one.

MI

01-30-08, 06:01 PM   #3  
Posted By: jimfh I have a 5hp Briggs &Stratten,& found rust inside the gastank,so I cleaned it out, then I found a little 1/4inch strainer in the tank which sits above the gasline in the tank,the problem is that it is distorted, my question is ,do I have to put this strainer back in or wil it run without it , how do I get a replacement ?Thank you!
nothing to do with running just filters gas like repair guy sead

Search this Thread