Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

B&S 3.75 running rich

ME

01-31-08, 02:58 PM   #1  
B&S 3.75 running rich

I have a pressure washer with a 3.75 sprint.Within minutes it fouls the plug.I run it for awhile without the air filter just to try it.It ran ok but still was very rich.Any ideas?P.S. I live in Maine so dust isn't an issue this time of year.

Sponsored Links

MO

01-31-08, 03:13 PM   #2  
Would you please post the engine Model, Code and Type usually found on the engine shroud just above the spark plug and someone will get it solved. Have a good one. Geo

ME

01-31-08, 04:56 PM   #3  
Thank You,I'll get that info for you tomorrow.Them problem seemed to happen overnight as opposed to slowly getting worse,if that's any help.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-31-08, 09:45 PM   #4  
I am guessing you have the classic style briggs with the carb mounted on the top of the tank. If so, I'd suggest replacing the carb diaphragm. The problem could also be caused by a loose main jet in the carb.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

ME

02-01-08, 07:59 AM   #5  
Yes,the carb is mounted to the tank.I'll check out both of your ideas and let you know how I make out.Thank You.

ME

02-04-08, 02:12 PM   #6  
I had it running today.It kept getting worse until it finally backfired,it must have cleaned itself out because it runs like new.Not sure how or why,but I'll take it.Thanks.

Search this Thread