Yard Machine 10HP snowblower??

Old 02-02-08, 10:19 AM
Yard Machine 10HP snowblower??

I was removing snow today, when I realized I ran over the bagged newpapers that were burried on the driveway. Huge snowfall overnight so I didn't see the papers.

Anyway, I have the SB that have the locking auger control, so you can release your left hand while keeping the right engaged and it will continue to throw snow. For somereason that doesn't work anymore. That part that locks looks a little bent.

It waslocked on, so I adjusted it so it would turn off atleast.

Anyway to repair this?? Suggestions, knowledge of diagrams online? I have looked everywhere.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-08, 10:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know about snowblowers, so all I can suggest is trying to bend it back, or replace the bent part. Hang in there, someone with more experience with snowblowers should chime in soon.

Old 02-03-08, 06:27 AM
Post your model# and year.
thanks

Old 02-03-08, 11:31 AM
Check for ice inside the casing at the base of the clutch handle, that's where the locking latch assembly should be. 90% of the time the problem you describe is caused by ice or impacted snow preventing the latch from locking.

Old 02-03-08, 01:49 PM
Model # is: 31AE6LKG500 -- year:2004

Also, is there anywhere I can see how this is actually supposed to look when it's not bent??

Thanks

Old 02-07-08, 04:19 AM
Well I checked around the latch area and ther is no snow. It looks like the part that engages the lock has shifted and the very bottom part seems to have twisted a bit.

Is there anywhere I can see a picture how this should look? This should give me a clearer picture I hope.

Thanks,

Old 02-07-08, 04:30 AM
That model number does not appear to be correct, could you double check it. Also it is a Yard Machines correct?

Old 02-07-08, 02:20 PM
It has Yard Machines on it, but I guess it's made by MTD - this was purchased in Canada.

Model is E6MKH year 2004.

Sorry about that,

Hope this works

Search this Thread