Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

5.5 hp snowblower wont move

MI

02-09-08, 03:04 PM   #1  
5.5 hp snowblower wont move

i have a 5.5 hp craftsman snowthrower. when i pull the lever for the self propell it doesn't move at all in gear 1 and 2
in gear 3 it skips and jerks but will only move about 1 foot. if you help the wheels turn it will move again. the wheel do not free spin with no load on them. if you have any info that might help that would be great

Sponsored Links

MA

02-09-08, 04:34 PM   #2  
post model# and we can help.

Non-US

02-09-08, 05:16 PM   #3  
You didn't give us any model numbers, but I'll take a guess at the machine. If it's a Muarry based unit, drain the fuel from the fuel tank & put the unit up on it's "nose". Remove the lower cover to expose the transmission. Find the friction wheel, the one with the black rubber around it & look at it close for flat spots or misssing pieces. Measure the O.D. It should be 3& 3/8 " new. If it's less than 3&3/16, it's worn out. If this isn't the type you have, Post the model & seriel # & the pros will get you dialed in in no time!!! Good Luck, Roger

NH

02-10-08, 06:15 PM   #4  
I agree with hopkins. Sounds like the friction wheel has a chunk broken out of it. The key being "it skips & jerks in 3rd gear".

Search this Thread