Yardworks snowblower won't move

Old 02-10-08, 03:11 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yardworks snowblower won't move

I'm having trouble with my Yardworks snowblower. (Extreme Auger, 10.5hp, 29") Putting the machine in any gear gives the same result: nothing. It just won't move, tires won't move, even manually. I'm pretty sure its not a worn band or wheel... Hoping someone has some suggestions.

Old 02-11-08, 12:32 AM
K
Have you actually looked at the friction wheel? Also if you put it in neutral can you spin the wheels manually?

Old 02-11-08, 10:39 AM
R
The friction wheel makes contact with the other one, but doesn't turn (seems to be locked) Nothing turns in neutral either.

Old 02-11-08, 06:24 PM
Are the gears & shafts inside the trans cover on the unit really dry & rusty. Try to lube them & see if that makes a difference??? Good luck, Roger

Old 02-12-08, 10:35 AM
R
Thanks Roger.. I have done all that stuff,...and nothing is dusty, rusty, or dried up that isn't supposed to be. Could it have something to do with the bearings? Do these machines lock up if something breaks in or around the shaft that the wheels are attached to?
I have a long driveway so getting into town on a snowy day to get it fixed will take a while, so I was hoping to be able to do it myself.
Anyway, thanks for the comments.., Michelle.

Old 02-12-08, 11:37 AM
S
I have never heard of "Yardworks" are you sure it is not Yardman or Yard Machines. Do you have a model # I would like to see what we are talking about.

Old 02-13-08, 09:43 AM
R
As far as I know, Yardman, Yardworks, and Yard machines all belong to the same company.. MTD. But I think this one is also called Yard machines. I'll have to get the serial number.

Old 02-13-08, 09:53 AM
R
that meant to say model number...will get it today

Old 02-13-08, 03:04 PM
S
Check out this post, Puey gave some information towards the end that may be relevant, as I suspected it was an MTD.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...t=wheels+stuck

Old 03-18-08, 11:49 AM
W
I had the same problem today. There should be a small piece of metal that looks like a 1/2 moon thats suppose to slip into the shaft and it connects the shaft to the sprocket. Hope this will help you..

Old 07-26-09, 07:44 AM
D
Same Problem - Any resolution

I have the exact same problem with my Yardworks snowblower. Did anyone resolve this problem? Dan

Old 10-22-09, 07:19 PM
S
Maybe this might be the answer ...

The other day my father was wanting to bring out his Yardworks snow blower but the wheels were locked.
I found that the cable needed to be tightened that goes from the hand lever to the transmission. There is a small threaded shaft just under the handle with a lock nut. The nut had loosened thereby giving to much slack in the cable. I tightened the cable and firmly tightened the lock nut .. and everything is working fine now.

Hope this little fix may help someone with there machine.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: