Craftsman snowblower won't turn off???

Old 02-11-08, 10:24 AM
Craftsman snowblower won't turn off???

I have a Craftsman snowblower with an 11 hp tecumseh motor. The machine is suppose to shut down when you push the throttle all the way to the bottom. It use to work but now nothing it simply keeps going. I took the plate protecting the throttle and noticed two wires one goes to this type of key that is suppose to prevent the motor from coming on when it is not in - the wire is fine but the safeguard does not work. The other wire has broken of, and I cannot see where it is suppoe to be connected - it has to be around te same area because of its length but I have no idea what to do with it. I don't think it was a ground wire, but I can't be sure. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-08, 11:52 AM
Post your model number so we know what we are talking about.

However this should solve your problem. There should be a wire coming out from behind engine cover and connected to a plate on the side of the engine. Your broken wire connects to same screw. If you look closely you should see that there is a plastic eye both screws go to. The other wire at the key goes to ground. When the key is in, the ground is not making contact. When the key is out, it will be grounded and machine will shut off.