Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Problem with snowblower impeller

OH

02-13-08, 12:13 PM   #1  
Problem with snowblower impeller

This morning when i started the snowblower, the impeller was frozen, unbeknown to me. When I started it, there was smoke and smell of rubber burning. I stopped the blower, clean the chute area of ice etc. Started motor OK, but the impeller is not throwing snow. Stopped blower, noticed the impeller can be moved by hand--obiously something has broken. I noticed that the impeller, and the rod to the augers and now the augers will move relatively freely. Is this a belt problem or a gearbox problem. I haven't opened it up yet!!!
It really was not my day!!!! I went to backup blower a 5hp Sears, which had water in the carb and was fixed by the
sears tech in December. It started fine, but once any force was put to it--eg snow it lost power and died. Does the carb need to be redone??? I haven't changed the spark plug since last year--could this be causing the lack of power??? This snowblower worked perfectly last year.
Any and all help appreciated

Sponsored Links

MA

02-13-08, 01:10 PM   #2  
First thing i'd check is the belt

NH

02-13-08, 04:00 PM   #3  
Problem #1...you burnt the belt.

Problem on blower#2...try a new plug first. if that doesn't fix it, then it sounds like a carb problem.

Search this Thread