Homelite XL Chainsaw

Old 03-08-08, 10:45 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Homelite XL Chainsaw

Hi people, I have this small Homelite XL chainsaw for at least ten years, I have been looking for the manual as recently it stopped working and do not know how to disassembly and reassembly so I do no want to make a mess out of it.Also the oiler is not working at all and need the user manual to check what could be wrong.

Thanks to all,

Thor Hedderich

Old 03-08-08, 12:38 PM
J
Old 03-08-08, 03:46 PM
G
Originally Posted by Chainuser
Hi people, I have this small Homelite XL chainsaw for at least ten years, I have been looking for the manual as recently it stopped working and do not know how to disassembly and reassembly so I do no want to make a mess out of it.Also the oiler is not working at all and need the user manual to check what could be wrong.

Thanks to all,

Thor Hedderich
I'm not sure the owner's/user manual would go into disassembly, it might.
What's the UT-1xxxx model no. ???
Disassembly:
Remove the following:
bar and chain, handle bar, spark plug, rope start cover and the plastic cover hiding the carb.
there'll be 2 screws on top of case and 2 screws on the underside of the case to remove.
you can now slide motor out of the case, but watch for throttle trigger rod going to carb and wires on the on/off switch. The tanks will be loose so note line routing for re-assembly.
As far as oiling not working, might first fish the filter out of the oil tank (easier before disassembly) to make sure it's not plugged.
As far as not working, does it have spark, good compression, etc.
What's the UT-1xxxx model no. ???
(Note: Homelite seems to have misplaced the parts breakdown for a lot of these old XLs)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: