Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help with snow blower

MI

02-25-08, 08:04 PM   #1  
Help with snow blower

We are supposed to get 12in of snow so Id like to get this thing running. Its a 2 stroke Jacobsen and runs with the choke closed and then it runs rich so I open it and it reves up and runs good then want to die unless you close the choke. Its like it doesnt get enough fuel then it goes then it doesnt. Im really confused on it, I played around with it and it always does the same.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-25-08, 10:39 PM   #2  
It's a carb problem...can you adjust the high speed screw? If so, open it some. You'll probably need to service the carb to fix it right.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

MI

02-26-08, 07:11 AM   #3  
Posted By: cheese It's a carb problem...can you adjust the high speed screw? If so, open it some. You'll probably need to service the carb to fix it right.
There is only one adjustment screw on it and if I run it in or out it will just run for a sec or 2 and die. Where is set now is the best it will run.

We got about 8in last night and have 2 days of snowing yet.

WI

02-27-08, 07:57 AM   #4  
I think your Jake needs to have the carb rebuilt as the diaphram and the pump side of the carb are getting stiff and will not allow enough fuel through the carb. Take the carb off and go to a small engine shop to get the carb kit for your carb. More than likely you have a walbro carb and will need the diaphram and gasket set.

MI

02-27-08, 02:06 PM   #5  
I found the other screw, I took it apart and cleaned it really good. There is a rubber washer on the screw and it was hard and comming apart. I put some teflon tape on it and it runs now. It doesnt run perfect but its usable, this summer Ill have to get it running good. Thanks for the help guys, we got 18" in teh last 2 days.

Search this Thread