Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

snowblower only runs choked

PA

02-26-08, 06:07 AM   #1  
snowblower only runs choked

i have an MTD 5hp 2 stage snow blower hssk50 67365M (h)
DOM 523513 ...Tecumseh engine

i was having problems blower only would run with choke on after setting 2 seasons, fuel was drained.. finally got it started and will only run on choke with throttle on high, so i rebuilt carburator, now will only run on low throttle (seems like high though) and only with the choke on.. i have tried to adjusting the bowl valve (did clean valve), but no good, everytime i open the throttle and choke it dies.

any help would be greatly appreciated..

Sponsored Links

OK

02-26-08, 07:05 AM   #2  
Did you turn out the main jet on bottom of carb 1 1/2 turns and the idle jet on side 1 turn ?
Are you positive you reconnected the governor/throttle linkage properly ??

PA

02-26-08, 07:53 PM   #3  
RE:snowblower only runs on choke

i want to thank all who replied to my post, i had exhausted all options and tried everything in the ervice manual, i gave in and ordered a new carb this morning and it camin this after noon. carb is on snowblowwer and it is running like new.
just in time too, wwe are supposed to get a load of snow tonight, so it will be ready to go for morning... again thanks to all who replied....

Bob C.
jailguard

Search this Thread