Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Obsoulete parts?

OH

02-26-08, 08:42 AM   #1  
Obsoulete parts?

I received this from one of my customers and I am having a hard time finding this part. I know I can get a after market one ,I exhausted my resources and can't find one,probbaly because it is getting old. Any help?

Thanks

QUESTION: I have a lawn tractor that I accidentally pulled the rear right side axle out of while repairing a tire that came off the bead. I am unable to find a schematic for this rear trans axle as they have been discontinued by Sears.
I couldn't get the wheel off of the axle , so used a hammer to persuade it to slip off ... but the axle came out instead... I don't see where a circlip or other clip could attach to keep it in... so have been pounding it back in as it works it's way out with each use. It doesn't seat completely... so i am thinking I can remove the assembly and take it apart to get the axle splines to seat....????
Any help finding a schematic on this transaxle would be greatly appreciated!

* CRAFTSMAN
* 18 HP 44" RIDING YARD TRACTOR
* Model# 917254720

Sponsored Links

OK

02-26-08, 10:27 AM   #2  
Sears shows the transaxle is a Dana/Foote 4150-55
Go here:
http://www.m-and-d.com/dana_foote_parts.html
scroll down list and download the breakdown for this transaxle, ref 48 shows the circlip holding axle in.

OH

02-26-08, 10:54 AM   #3  
thanks

Thanks for the help I knew it was out there somewhere......

Search this Thread