MTD 2 Stage Snowblower - Dies as soon as you put it under load

Old 02-27-08, 08:01 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
MTD 2 Stage Snowblower - Dies as soon as you put it under load

I've got a 2 stage MTD snowblower w/ a Techumsa model HSSK50 engine. DOM 7273B. I have changed the auger belt and it doesn't seem if anything is interfering with the auger being able to rotate (nothing is hitting and nothing is loose or wobbly) The engine starts fine and revs up to operating speed OK but as soon as you try to blow snow it dies. Carb? I don't see any adjustment on this carb. It just has kind of a retaining nut on the bowl. Any suggestions. Thanks

Old 02-27-08, 11:37 AM
I
I would try a new spark plug, then a carb cleaning

Old 02-27-08, 12:31 PM
R
Originally Posted by sschrad
I've got a 2 stage MTD snowblower w/ a Techumsa model HSSK50 engine. DOM 7273B. I have changed the auger belt and it doesn't seem if anything is interfering with the auger being able to rotate (nothing is hitting and nothing is loose or wobbly) The engine starts fine and revs up to operating speed OK but as soon as you try to blow snow it dies. Carb? I don't see any adjustment on this carb. It just has kind of a retaining nut on the bowl. Any suggestions. Thanks
I have the same machine that I bought from a friend. I have the same problem. The problem is old gas left in the machine and it gums up the carb. Get the carb re-built and put fuel stabilizer in so it does not happen again.

Old 02-27-08, 04:58 PM
You say you changed the Auger belt. Please verify you have the new belt "UNDER" the auger brake & not on top of it. It's very easy to do. Flip the machine on the "nose" (with an empty fuel tank) & remove the bottom pan & have a close look with a flashlight. I think this is what you will find. Good Luck, Roger

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: