Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

sno trac 825 - auger problem! ...and, manual?

AL

03-01-08, 10:18 AM   #1  
sno trac 825 - auger problem! ...and, manual?

Hi Folks,
I'm in need of some help on a few fronts. I just bought a Noma snowblower from a guy. Tried it today - works well, except that the auger and impeller are ALWAYS turning! doesn't matter if you have the handle down or not. (does move snow great though!)

The guy had told me that he just replaced the belts. I'm guessing he either used too small a belt (he told me he got it at canadian tire), or, it's too tight (i.e. - pulley not set right).

I'm used to working on sears ones, so I haven't actually worked on this one, though it is tecumseh. Any advice?

Secondary issue, I didn't get the book with it. I was wondering where I could get it. I called a local store. They told me that Noma stopped making snowblowers 12 years ago - out of business. What anyone have, or know where I could get, a manual for the following:

Noma SNO TRAC 8/25

The info on the plate says ST 825E? (the ? looks like maybe a 'T')

Other numbers on it are 578739 and 9254.

It says the serial is SC9152228.

I'm guessing I probably have an MTD make? If anyone can point me to which one I have / where I can get a manual etc. That would be so much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

MA

03-01-08, 11:11 AM   #2  
Could be the wrong size belt but it could also just be that he did not adjust the belt fingers after installing the belt. The purpose of the fingers is to "squeeze" the belt so that it does not make contact with the pulley when disengaged. Check that 1st and go from there.

AL

03-01-08, 11:26 AM   #3  
where?

Thanks smallengineguy.

The 'fingers' ...are they underneath the black angled plastic cover on top along side the engine, or is that something underneath the whole thing I need to get at?

MA

03-01-08, 11:48 AM   #4  
Under the plastic cover. Most commonly the fingers are just bolted to the block. If that is what you have loosen the bolt and swing finger into belt, look at the top of the pulley and look for belt to rise off of pulley. Then engage the belt and the belt should pull waay from the finger. Simple process bolts are usually a 1/2 inch.

CO

03-01-08, 03:58 PM   #5  
Murray

Your model is ST825ET the "T" is for trac. Murray bought out Noma and Briggs bought Murray. The correct belt number for the auger is 3887MA it is 1/2 X 31 1/2. There is very little manuals available.

AJ

AL

03-02-08, 05:34 AM   #6  
shear bolts?

Thanks AJ! Really appreciate getting the info. I found a local place that can order parts for it they said, so knowing the number should make it easy. I think I'll order one of those just to have it on hand. With snowblowers, I find those and shear bolts... you never know when.

And... shear bolts, anyone know the right part number for those for my Noma ST825ET? ...or are they fairly generic anyway?

CO

03-03-08, 09:07 AM   #7  
The part number for the shear bolts is 1501216MA it is a set of 2.

AJ

AL

03-09-08, 12:09 PM   #8  
Thks All!

Thanks all for your replies. I picked up a new belt and bolts.
Put the belt in and working like a charm! (until this morning, but I'd better post a new thread for that)

The belt the guy had in it was completely wrong! It was too small, and notched! ??? Why do people do this for a 25$ belt??

Thanks again folks... new thread coming...

Search this Thread