Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda HRT2162TDA

03-09-08, 05:14 PM   #1  
Honda HRT2162TDA

I just received a used Honda HRT216TDA Lawnmower from a friend that i use to do the lawn for. I never had problems with the lawnmower until the case on the side containing the air filter broke and fell off. The lawnmower still worked for a time but it doesnt now so he gave the lawnmower to me. The problem that the lawn mower is experiencing is that it back fires when you pull the draw string to start it. I Will purchase a air filter casing because the plastic on the top left latch has broke hence no filter and casing for the lawn mower. Could this be causing the backfiring and not wanting to continue to start?

Sponsored Links

CA

03-09-08, 05:29 PM   #2  
Many different things can cause a backfire, but the first thing to try is a new spark plug and see if that helps. If not there is the possibility of a sheared flywheel key, sticking valve, faulty ignition module etc...

OK

03-10-08, 05:14 AM   #3  
Just to clarify, was this engine run for a time w/o the air filter ??

03-10-08, 06:23 PM   #4  
Honda Response

Man I am not ashamed to say that im not the mechanical kinda guy but I am willing to learn these days lol since being a new home owner and looking for bargains whereever i can find them. I would like to Thanks AAWrench for the advice on changing the spark plug for the HRTHarmony Lawnmower. Once I changed the spark plug BAM!! It fired up on the Second Pull. My friend gave this to me and what a gift. I walked into a lawnmower store to see how much it was worth and they are selling it for $500 dollars! So far i have put about $13 dollars into for a new filter and case cover and a good bonding resin to fix the plastic latch that broke where the case was to clamp on. Im so Happy !!! I think I will replace the blades and maybe even spray paint it hehe.

Glen It was ran for some time without the filter and casing but as you can see now i have replaced them before running it again. Im so thankful for you guys experience be blessed all of you

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-10-08, 11:35 PM   #5  
Good news! Glad you got it fixed.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread