Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Riding Mower Question

TX

03-09-08, 05:17 PM   #1  
Riding Mower Question

I have a general Riding mower question, The front beam on the two mowers I have that contains the steering spindles, etc, appear to pivot around the center. Are they supposed to be locked down tight? Is this for some kind of leveling? One of my mowers seems really tight and the other really sloppy. I am trying to get the mowers to cut level. Both seem to dig and cut deep when I go around a corner.

Thanks for any help,

Nathan

Sponsored Links

CA

03-09-08, 05:33 PM   #2  
The front axles are supposed to pivot, and tend to get loose with age. The axle is not used to level the mower deck, there are usually adjustments on the deck hangers to level the deck and procedures are make and model specific. One of the most common problems that causes a mower to dig in on turns is low air pressure in the tires and excessive speed in the turn. Make sure all the tires are properly inflated and that the pressure is the same from the right to left side tires on the same axle.

PA

03-09-08, 06:07 PM   #3  
Info above is 100% right.. Some models will have a grease fitting at this pivot point for lubrication.

Search this Thread