Ariens 926LE stalls under load

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-08, 11:55 AM
Angry Ariens 926LE stalls under load

During the last time I used this machine (Tecumseh LH318SA), it kept stalling under load. With the throttle full up, auger running and drive engaged, as soon as I encountered any snow, engine would stall. I removed all fuel, removed the carb bowl, cleaned the main jet, sprayed everything with carb cleaner and reassembled. Added new clean fuel with Stabil added, and it still stalls under load. I did notice that the cable sheath for the chute deflector had some wear to it, and touches the electical connector to the key where it is attached to the engine. I cable tied it away from this area, but have been unable to test it under load. It starts and runs fine with no load. Could the sheath have been grounding out the electrical systems under load?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-08, 04:06 PM
Thumbs up It now works!

I finally got to test the snowblower. Now that the chute deflector cable is no where near the electrical connections, it runs perfectly under load. I took it out into 8 inches of wet snow and it never even sputtered. I can't believe I did all that work to find out it was a short due to poor placement of the electrical connections and the chute cable. This machine is only 3 years old and probably used about 20 times.

Old 02-22-15, 12:31 PM
Aiens 926LE stalls under load

Unbelievable. Great post, as this was my exact problem with my 926LE and a cable tie to separate the chute cable from the Green grounding connector under the throttle / choke / key did the trick.

Old 02-22-15, 01:04 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Glad you got some useful information from this older thread.
We'll send this back to the searchable archives for future reference.

If you have further questions on your machine..... feel free to start a new thread.

Closed Thread