Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

JACOBSEN Snoblower Auger

WA

03-13-08, 03:36 PM   #1  
JACOBSEN Snoblower Auger

Have a 30" Jacobsen 8 hp Snoblower that decided to quit for the season. Auger only turned intermittently, Upon checking found that turning the impellar and auger at the same time, they would reengage. Rotate farther then disengage.. Upon tear down of the gear housing found that the auger shaft worm gear was worn down and not fully engaged the impellar worm gear. So am looking for I believe pn 341608 worm gear. I do have the parts breakdown for models 52610 5hp, and 52620 7hp. So assume 52630 would be the HM80 8 hp unit I have. Parts and Setup Manual Supplied by Homelite in 1994.
All sources I have tried say "No longer available".
Does any one know of any superceding or interchangable Gear part numbers or sources? New, Used serviceable, or maybe a serviceable Gear housing and shaft assy.
I hate the thought of junking the unit, it's a heavy duty unit not like the feather wt things on the market today. My total snow fall this winter was 5 1/2 ft and the last blowing got back within the last 6 ft to the garage and started to push snow rather than blow.
Any thoughts and help appreciated, thanks.
Dick

Sponsored Links

MI

03-13-08, 04:43 PM   #2  
whats the model number off the machine. its not coming up.

WA

03-13-08, 06:25 PM   #3  
the only model # I could find was that series from the parts manual . All the parts shown in the manual are ir appear the same, Linkages, drives. The manual number is 347095-3. printed by Jacobsen. Has a rubber date stamp od July 8, 1970. As mentioned in the post, it refers model #52610 and 52620. When they sent it to me they said, mine was basically the same.

Search this Thread