Pressure Washer Opinion Time

Old 03-15-08, 03:22 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
Pressure Washer Opinion Time

Since I can't seem to find parts for my Generac Pump and a new pump and hose is as much as a new unit I have been looking at some low end units at my local BB stores. Here are the ones I am looking at and would like your opinion on the best unit for the money. I use it mostly for cleaning other power equipment and engines.

Husky 2600psi 2.3gal
Honda GCV160
Axial cam pump
2yr warranty---$299

Troybilt 2550psi 2.3 gal
Briggs 675ohv Series
Axial cam pump
2yr warranty---$279

Troybilt 2200psi 2.2gal
Briggs 500 Series
Axial cam pump
2yr warranty---$249

Old 03-15-08, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hey Geo. No luck on you're old pump?? If I where in the market, I think I'd spring the extra $50.00 bucks & go with the Husky because of the Honda power. I haven't looked @ the units, but from what you post, warranty, pressure etc is all compareable. I think I'd try the Honda unit. Also check for pump make/ part availability for future needs.

Good Luck, Roger

Old 03-15-08, 09:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Oh man, you didn't give us much to pick from, Ha!

If it was my money, and $300 was all I could go...I'd hit the pawn shop and see if I could find a real pressure washer. A small one with a honda GX series (like a GX160) and a cat or AR (annovi reverberi...if I spelled that right) pump on it should be available for that money. Even if it's half worn out, it will still last twice as long as those you mentioned.

Old 03-16-08, 11:23 AM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Take a close look at the pump on any of those you listed and if all you can see is grey casting, forget it an look for a pump where you see brass on the working end, (inlet, valve body, and outlet) you will have a decent pump. I quit woring on pressure washers as two many were not worth fixing in the first place due to the die castings were all corroded up. Most of the pumps in the BB's are of the diecast and lubeless variety and not worth it. Those pumps cost me under $80 to purchase separately and the rest was in the engine. If you look online at Water Cannon or Northern Hydralics, you can get a decent pump for you engine and they will in most cases help you size the pump to your engine.

Old 03-16-08, 05:52 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
I want to thank everyone for their input, I bought the Honda.
To;
Cheese, I have had bad luck with "preowned" stuff I can't fix, like the pump.
Camino, I had already bought it before I read your post, the old pump was brass, however I will know next time.

hopkinsr, I appreciate your input.

30year, I appreciate your input as well.
Everyone, Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: