Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Briggs & Stratton 15HP OHV wiring

GA

03-22-08, 07:49 AM   #1  
Briggs & Stratton 15HP OHV wiring

3/22/08

Hey Guys - HEEEEELP!!!

I have a 15HP OHV Briggs & Stratton - Electric Start - Model: 28N707 - Type: 016201 - Code: 9410214B. I'm installing it on a log splitter. My problem is that I can't figure out how to correctly wire it???? I just want a power on switch, a push button start, an amp charging gage and a regular old lawnmower battery. Will someone please send me a diagram that will solve my problem.

Thanks,
mikeme

Last edited by mikeme; 03-22-08 at 07:51 AM. Reason: word usage

Sponsored Links

FL

03-22-08, 02:41 PM   #2  
If you have a non regulated charging system it can be wired as below. There are four charging systems that could be on this engine.

If the carb has a fuel cut-off solenoid you would need a second toggle switch wired from the battery pos to switch then to the solenoid. Or you can use a standard mower switch in place of two toggles or remove the solenoid and snip the needle tip end close to the body with wire cutters then screw it back in.

When hooking to the stator make sure you use the wire with the diode just before the plug connector.

Good Luck

Search this Thread