Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

kohler engine magnets

TX

04-02-08, 02:55 PM   #1  
kohler engine magnets

I have a 15 horse Craftsman mower with a Kohler engine. The underside of the flywheel has 4 magnets epoxied inside the rim. Two of the magnets have come loose with no evidence left to indicate their position. Does someone know the proper location for the magnets to allow me to re-adhere them?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-02-08, 10:15 PM   #2  
I believe they are oriented at 4 equally spaced places, like the points on a compass I've used JBweld to re-attatch these magnets. There is a trick to be aware of though...the polarity of the magnets matters. You have to find the polarity of each magnet and alternate the magnets polarity so that it will be one magnet in N/S polarity, then the next will be S/N polarity, and so on...so that all the way around, the ends of the magnets pointing at each other will be the same polarity on every magnet. N/SS/NN/SS/N

This creates the AC voltage fluctuation in the charging stator windings to charge the battery and run the lights.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread