Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda Mower died, Need Recommendation

TN

04-04-08, 06:39 AM   #1  
Honda Mower died, Need Recommendation

Our 15 year old honda mower needs a new transmission, and we've decided to buy a new mower. We're considering either a Snapper or Toro this time. Any recommendations out there. We have about a 1/3 acre yard, slightly sloped.
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links

MI

04-04-08, 08:34 AM   #2  
You got 15 years out of your Honda.........
Why do you want to change brand?
It ain't always greener on the other side................

Non-US

04-04-08, 02:09 PM   #3  
Are you looking @ these units from a dealer?? If from a Big Box Store, check the local dealers for parts & warranty support. If you establish a good reputation with & buy from the local small engine dealer, he'll always help you out first,, Good luck with whatever you buy,,, Roger

TN

04-04-08, 03:16 PM   #4  
The reason we want to change to a different brand is that probably for the past 10 years we've had problems with the self-propel. It seems like every couple of years we've had to have it worked on. I know I've heard a lot of good things about Honda mowers, but it just seemed like we had to put a lot of money into it. My husband now wants to try another brand. Thanks for your input. Also, I looked at a couple of Snapper mowers today at Sears. I plan on trying to find a local dealer also.

CA

04-04-08, 08:31 PM   #5  
Posted By: volfan Our 15 year old honda mower needs a new transmission, and we've decided to buy a new mower. We're considering either a Snapper or Toro this time. Any recommendations out there. We have about a 1/3 acre yard, slightly sloped.
Thanks for any advice.
If you like the Honda engine but want to try a different mower, you might want to look at the LawnBoy brand. They are owned by Toro and are available with the Honda engine. The sens-a-speed self propel works just like the personal pace from Toro.

http://www.lawnboy.com/productinfo/mowers/index.html

Search this Thread