Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

New Excell, same old unloader problem?

04-05-08, 09:33 AM   #1  
New Excell, same old unloader problem?

I got less than 30 hours use out of my Excell EXVRB2321 pressure washer. The problem was the unloader. I needed a new one and was told I couldn't get one. They were so problematic no more were being made.
Whatever.
Today I saw an Excell VR2522 (Honda engine) at Home Depot marked down all the way from $329 to $99. (with no pressure hose/nozzle, which I already have.)
It has had no gasoline in it (zero smell of gas in the tank). The store clerk says they just weren't moving, so they were marked down
My question: Am I getting myself into the same old problem with a lousy design for the unloader?
I can take this one back. Still never had a drop of gas in the tank.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-05-08, 04:31 PM   #2  
They are not well made or dependable, but for $99 bucks, you can't get too upset if it doesn't last long. You'll spend more than that renting one. To help stave off the impending pump failure, I reccomend using it often, and introducing pump conditioner into it immediately after every use. You might get a few years of service out of it this way.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

FL

04-06-08, 04:17 AM   #3  
I think the unloaders are a problem. It caused my unit to blow a gasket on the high pressure side...
I suspected my problem was helped along by my well water also. If any debris get into the unloader valve and hangs it up it will toast the compressor.
I took the easy way to fix my problem with it, I just tyrapped the trigger closed and make sure I always start it at a low rpm. I have done that for couple years now with no more gasket blowing. I also think a inline water filter would help also.

Search this Thread