Weedeater Featherlite Fuel Lines

Old 04-09-08, 03:55 PM
Weedeater Featherlite Fuel Lines

I just replaced the fuel line and return line on my weedeater. Both original lines were turned to goo and the filter in the tank had fallen off. When I replaced them, I assumed the filter went on the larger of the two lines because the fitting on the filter wouldn't go on the smaller diameter line.

After a few pumps of the primer, it looks like the gas is going down the larger line to the tank and being sucked up by the smaller line. It runs after two pulls but only runs until the primer goes empty.

I think I got the lines backwards, but don't want to mess with it until I know for sure which line is which. Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Troolfish

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-08, 04:36 PM
You are right,about the lines being backwards,but the filter on the smaller line and you are good to go.

Jerry

Old 04-09-08, 05:26 PM
Do you have three total fuel lines or two? In other words, do you have a primer remotely mounted or integral to the carburetor?

Old 04-11-08, 09:25 AM
There are only two lines.. I swapped them out, luckily I had plenty of hose left from the rebuild kit. Changed the primerbulb, it was also cracked at top. Cleaned the carb and blew out the ports with compressed air. Runs like a new machine.

Felt so good getting that done, I did the same to my chainsaw, changed oil and sharpened blades on rider, and told the wife her equipment was ready to go. Lots of cleanup after a long winter.

Got fishin to do.....LOL

Thanks
Troolfish

Search this Thread