Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Touch and go

AL

04-12-08, 12:41 PM   #1  
Touch and go

I've just got a Briggs with the touch-and-go starting system. M-123K09,T-0194. Dose anyone know of a web site where I might could get some information on this feature? Also, could anyone explain the primer system. I put a new carburetor on it but it's aggravating to get started. Runs great once it's started. I noticed whenever I push the primer, I can't see any gas coming up in the carburetor. It may have a bad bulb in the primer. Dosen't the bulb just put pressure on the gas in the bowl? I haven't got the latest Briggs manuals.

Sponsored Links

FL

04-12-08, 06:33 PM   #2  
Jack,

You can click the link below and download a pdf owner's manual for the Touch-N-Mow system.

http://shop.briggsandstratton.com/BS...lNumber=123K09

As for your primer problem, These plastic air filter bases warp over time and do not seal properly, You may try two gaskets but don't over tighten the two screws. If that doesn't solve the problem a new base may be required.

On Edit;
Dosen't the bulb just put pressure on the gas in the bowl?
Yep !

Good Luck

Last edited by 31YTech; 04-12-08 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Answer Question

AL

04-12-08, 08:18 PM   #3  
Thanks for the web site 31YTech...it's just what I was looking for. I thought I might add a little "form a gasket" to my new gasket.

FL

04-12-08, 09:04 PM   #4  
Posted By: Jack B. I thought I might add a little "form a gasket" to my new gasket.
No Problem Jack,

That may do the trick, I never tried sealer due to having a drawer full of gaskets at my disposal.

AL

04-14-08, 11:50 AM   #5  
I tried two gaskets but that didn't help at all. I think I'll try a new base...the old one is warped "pretty" bad. Am I right, aren't you suppose to see some gas whenerver you press the primer? Not only no I not see anything, I also can't hear a thing.

FL

04-14-08, 06:18 PM   #6  
Posted By: Jack B. aren't you suppose to see some gas whenerver you press the primer?

Sure, It should come up through the emulsion tube in the center of the carb and you should feel a slight resistance in the bulb while pushing.

Since this is a new carb we shouldn't have to worry if the float bowl seal is properly installed, Unless you had the bowl off ?

Search this Thread