pressure washer wont start

Old 04-12-08, 03:49 PM
Angry pressure washer wont start

i have a craftsman 6 h/p briggs motor will not start.has oil,carb,ok,has fire,checked valves......................... i removed the carb,installed new one,used from same type motor,new plug,checked spark ok,no ground problem,you can here puffing from carb,cleaned valve,,why wont it start?is there somthing i missed,let me know

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-08, 06:51 PM
TAKE OFF mUFFLER AND CLEAR CARBON FROM EXHAUST PORT.

JR

Old 04-12-08, 07:09 PM
Do you have good compression,also check for a sheared flywheel key.

Jerry

Old 04-13-08, 12:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Will a shot of gas in the spark plug hole allow it to start up for a moment? Have you checked compression?

Old 04-13-08, 08:08 AM
its funny i was just thinking that this morning,,i will try that.also put gas in spark plug hole,removed valves and re seated,then i started to throw the pressure washer down the sidewalk and lite it on fire then beat it with a sleghammer,then i put it up ,so i woke up and thought it could be the flywill key?so i am gonna try that,then if that is ok i will try compression test.i am really think it has got to be timing because there is suction when you put your finger over spark plug hole..............what else could it be?hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppp,thanks for your quick response...i will be checking for any help i can get.will let you know how it goes