Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

pressure washer wont start

TX

04-12-08, 03:49 PM   #1  
pressure washer wont start

i have a craftsman 6 h/p briggs motor will not start.has oil,carb,ok,has fire,checked valves......................... i removed the carb,installed new one,used from same type motor,new plug,checked spark ok,no ground problem,you can here puffing from carb,cleaned valve,,why wont it start?is there somthing i missed,let me know

Sponsored Links

04-12-08, 06:51 PM   #2  
TAKE OFF mUFFLER AND CLEAR CARBON FROM EXHAUST PORT.

JR

TX

04-12-08, 07:09 PM   #3  
Do you have good compression,also check for a sheared flywheel key.

Jerry

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-13-08, 12:44 AM   #4  
Will a shot of gas in the spark plug hole allow it to start up for a moment? Have you checked compression?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

04-13-08, 08:08 AM   #5  
its funny i was just thinking that this morning,,i will try that.also put gas in spark plug hole,removed valves and re seated,then i started to throw the pressure washer down the sidewalk and lite it on fire then beat it with a sleghammer,then i put it up ,so i woke up and thought it could be the flywill key?so i am gonna try that,then if that is ok i will try compression test.i am really think it has got to be timing because there is suction when you put your finger over spark plug hole..............what else could it be?hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppp,thanks for your quick response...i will be checking for any help i can get.will let you know how it goes

Search this Thread