Old Sears Roto-Spader Mod #50 785 294030

Old 04-16-08, 07:06 AM
Old Sears Roto-Spader Mod #50 785 294030

I inherited this machine from my father, runs great. Belt shredded from old age and use. Not enough left to measure, no way to get hands inside to measure with string. Anyway to get a # for new belt??
Bob

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-08, 10:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Did you try sears partsdirect website? Maybe your unit is too old to be serviced by their site. If you can't get a string on the pulleys, how are you going to get a belt on them? If you get a string on it, pull it tight, and measure the length of string, then add 1 inch for each pulley involved to get a rough guess of what size belt to start test-fitting with.

Old 04-21-08, 09:07 PM
maybe the belt will be stiffer than string, then it could be threaded around the other pulleys, then you could set the engine and cover assembly in position and slide pulley on engine into circle formed by belt which will be supporting its own weight up off bottom of lower housing. maybe?
With engine and cover assembly installed there is no hand room, hence no way to use string.
If someone has a parts list or knows where I might find one I could sure use one.
Thanks