Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Old Sears Roto-Spader Mod #50 785 294030

GA

04-16-08, 07:06 AM   #1  
Old Sears Roto-Spader Mod #50 785 294030

I inherited this machine from my father, runs great. Belt shredded from old age and use. Not enough left to measure, no way to get hands inside to measure with string. Anyway to get a # for new belt??
Bob

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-16-08, 10:37 PM   #2  
Did you try sears partsdirect website? Maybe your unit is too old to be serviced by their site. If you can't get a string on the pulleys, how are you going to get a belt on them? If you get a string on it, pull it tight, and measure the length of string, then add 1 inch for each pulley involved to get a rough guess of what size belt to start test-fitting with.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

GA

04-21-08, 09:07 PM   #3  
maybe the belt will be stiffer than string, then it could be threaded around the other pulleys, then you could set the engine and cover assembly in position and slide pulley on engine into circle formed by belt which will be supporting its own weight up off bottom of lower housing. maybe?
With engine and cover assembly installed there is no hand room, hence no way to use string.
If someone has a parts list or knows where I might find one I could sure use one.
Thanks

Search this Thread