Toro TC-2010 weed eater will not start

Old 04-19-08, 11:38 AM
Toro TC-2010 weed eater will not start

This weed eater has been a good one and has always started. Last year the primer bulb cracked but I was still able to operate the machine but it did take a few more pulls to get it started. Yesterday, i could not get it to start, so I primed the carburator with fuel. It would only run until the fuel was consumed.

I disconnected the fuel lines and blew in them to make sure the filter in the tank was not stopped up. After reading some of the reponses it sounds like i need to adjust the high/low setting on the carb to get it started. Is this related to the fuel mixture that the carb needs to be adjusted to allow for the natural changes in the fuel mix.

All the fuel mix is fresh.

The local repair shops have been disappointing in their ability to fix my equipment. Looks like I need to learn to fix my own stuff. Can anyone help??

Last edited by bickerstaff; 04-19-08 at 11:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-08, 01:19 PM
It sounds like you need to clean the carb and install a new diaphram kit along with a primer bulb and new fuel lines. The carb is probably either a Zama or Walbro and both their sites have a lot of info about their carbs. Have a good one. Geo
www.zamacarb.com
www.walbro.com

Old 04-21-08, 09:19 AM
Thank you for your responce and help.