lawn mower wont start

Old 04-21-08, 01:29 PM
lawn mower wont start

I have a craftsman LTX 1000 42" cut with 20 HP ohv intek engine. I was cutting my grass the other day and stopped and turned off the mower about halfway threw the job,about 15 min latter I went back to finish the job and it would not start. I tried letting it cool about 3hrs and that did not help. I can hear a click when I tun the key around the front of mower under the carberator,I can also bridge the selinoid and get the engine to turn over but have no spark to the plugs.Plenty of power in the battery,and yes there is gas in the tank Is it posible the coil and the selinoid went bad at the same time? or could it be a safety switch? The click is comeing from the bottom of the carb there are 2 wires that go to something on the bottom of carb When I turn the key I get a singel click from the carb THANKS

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-08, 02:11 PM
Lisa,

You didn't post the model number off your unit (from under the seat) so I will wing this one. If it has a electric switch to turn the blades on make sure it's in the off position.

If it doesn't have this switch your model number would be helpful.

Old 04-21-08, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by lisa doyle View Post
I have a craftsman LTX 1000 42" cut with 20 HP ohv intek engine. I was cutting my grass the other day and stopped and turned off the mower about halfway threw the job,about 15 min latter I went back to finish the job and it would not start. I tried letting it cool about 3hrs and that did not help. I can hear a click when I tun the key around the front of mower under the carberator,I can also bridge the selinoid and get the engine to turn over but have no spark to the plugs.Plenty of power in the battery,and yes there is gas in the tank Is it posible the coil and the selinoid went bad at the same time? or could it be a safety switch? The click is comeing from the bottom of the carb there are 2 wires that go to something on the bottom of carb When I turn the key I get a singel click from the carb THANKS
that single click on the carb is your carb solenoid which suppose to click you might have the blade engagement engaged without knowing it if that is a MTD or Yard machine that is more than likely what happened is the blade engager is not working right which in turn shuts the power off to the switch

pull up towards the back of the tractor on that blade engager handle and then try starting it

Old 04-22-08, 12:46 PM
Thumbs up

You were dead on thats what it was THANK YOU