Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help-Gas out breather tube!

PA

04-22-08, 03:14 PM   #1  
Help-Gas out breather tube!

I have a Toro 520H Garden Tractor, Model #41-20OE03-2000001. It has worked well with no break-downs until this season. It is blowing gas/oil out of the crankcase out the breather tube. I am only guessing maybe a carb or fuel pump problem? Anybody have a clue?

Dave

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-22-08, 09:28 PM   #2  
Is the oil level overfull and the oil smells like gas? If so, the carburetor needs to be cleaned and possibly reconditioned. If this engine is equipped with a fuel pump, it is also possible that the pump diaphragm has a hole and is leaking fuel into the crankcase. Remove the pulse line from between the engine and pump to see if fuel is dripping out of it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

04-23-08, 05:52 PM   #3  
Hey cheese!
Thanks greatly for the reply, but I believe I got it! While waiting for a reply to my request, I went to work today and was unexpectedly sent to a local tractor store! While there on "official" business I was able to talk with the guy and so I went home and started tinkering again and it looks like I got it fixed! The needle valve in the carbuerator was leaking. I just bent the float a bit so it would seat and now it seems to work as it should! Now will just have to change the oil and filter again. Thanks again! I'm reallly glad to have found this site-I think there will be many more visits!

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-23-08, 10:45 PM   #4  
So it is fuel contamination (carb problem)?

If so, unless the float was out of adjustment prior to this, bending the tab isn't the proper way to fix it and could potentially cause other problems.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread