Craftsman Snowblower

Old 04-24-08, 01:17 PM
Craftsman Snowblower

Apologies for reposting. But My first post was incoherent.
I have to remove the auger from the snowblower in order to replace the plastic housing that goes around it.

I do not know whether to use a pipe wrench to do that, and also How can I hold the other side of the auger in place so I can remove the nut without the auger jerking.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-08, 07:39 PM
Are you replacing the discharge chute?? Post the model & serial numbers. If it's a 2 stage machine, I don't think you need to remove the auger to replace the chute?? Post numbers & the pros will get you fixed up in no time!! Roger

Old 04-24-08, 10:06 PM
I posted before as remove auger Sears Craftsman 536.881500 , that is the model number.

It is the cover over the auger, that is what broke.
the shaft of the auger goes thru it.

I paid someone 10 to remove it with an air gun.
Now I put the new plastic housing on, the auger seems shifted to the opposite side of the pulley.

The nuts and bolts are still loose, that go thru the plastic and connect to the sides of the pulley on one side, or on the other side , and when i tighten them the screws hit the auger blade on that one side.
Cant seem to get the nuts and bolts at the correct tightness to keep it from hitting.

the plastic that Sears shipped me might be very very slightly misaligned, but thats just a guess. Perhaps I let it bake in the sun for an afternoon. I may need that air gun again to get the pulley on tight because the pulley only goes thru the thread about half way and if it were tight maybe it would pull the auger away from the left side where the screws hit the auger blade on that side.

Search this Thread