Getting Wheel Off of a Craftsman 22 inch snow thrower

Old 04-26-08, 11:08 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Getting Wheel Off of a Craftsman 22 inch snow thrower

I have been having problems with the right tire on my Sears Craftsman 22 inch snow thrower (model # 247.885550) so I want to put in an inner tube. However, I cannot find what size of inner tube to get AND I have been unable to get the wheel off of the snow thrower. The bolt just seems to come out so far and then just spin and I cannot remove the tire. Help on either one of my questions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-26-08, 02:03 PM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Someone here probably has the answer, but you go to Sears web site, and if you drill down far enough, you can find a service manual for your snow blower.

Old 04-26-08, 05:39 PM
H
I have the manual but it does not provide any information regarding tire size (to get a tube) or what to do if the bolt that keeps the wheel assembly on the snow blower does not come loose. I have attempted to get help from Sears but with no help from them. Their repair/parts store's phone line is always busy.

Old 02-23-09, 07:10 PM
C
Craftsman 24" snow thrower wheel assembly problem

Did you ever find a fix for your wheel assembly? My 24" Craftsman snow thrower (Model 247.88355) has the same problem. The rubber detached from the metal wheel assembly and just spins around. Can't see a tube to replace. And a whole new wheel assembly from Sears is $80 plus $20 S&H. Any other suggestions? Part number is 634-04168A (13 x 4 x 6 RH wheel assembly). I haven't tried to get the wheel off yet, but am hoping to find a cheaper solution than a whole new wheel assembly.

Old 01-19-11, 04:37 PM
R
Had the identical problem with the RH Wheel assembly; the rubber detached from the metal wheel assembly and just spins around. Called Sears to order the wheel assembly, but did not order the part as it was over $100 shipped. The representative suggested that I look for a tube that'll fit the assembly -- too much trouble. Decided to try the GUNK Puncture Sealer and it worked!!... Of course I don't know how long this fix will last.

Old 11-10-11, 11:35 AM
T
These are tubeless tires. If you do a Google Search for fixing tubeless tires, you will fins a few hits. Basically you need to put a nylon strap around the perimeter of the tire as tightly as you can, and force the beads of the tire against the rim and then inflate it with a compressor. You may need to put a large screwdriver or crowbar between the strap and the tire and twist it to make it airtight. There are a few videos out there that demonstrate this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: