Need help with Poulan Pro 305 chainsaw

Old 04-29-08, 12:46 PM
Need help with Poulan Pro 305 chainsaw

Hello. I need to replace the fuel line (old one was brittle) to the fuel tank. There are 2 outlet ports in the fuel tank that have two different diameters. I was able to order parts through a local store but I do not know how to connect the check valve, vent fitting, vent plug, fuel strainer (goes in the fuel tank) and fuel line for these two fuel tank outlet ports. The parts list diagram at the store was no help nor was his young repair technician. Anybody know how to do this or have a diagram they can share? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-08, 04:25 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. The carburetor has only one fuel fitting? One fuel line therfore would attach to this fitting and go into the tank with the fuel pickup/filter on the end of it. The other line is merely a fuel tank breather line. Look at the following link to your machine and look at the box on the lower left of the breakdown and note the order of the items for the breather system... http://ordertree-psw.arinet.com/scri...05%20Gas%20Saw

Old 04-30-08, 07:06 AM
link you kindly provided does not work

Hello. Yes the carb has one fuel inlet; the other inlet on the carb is for a line to the crankcase breather (which I also replaced). The link you provided said it was expired and I hope you can post it again for me. Thanks for getting back to me!!

Old 04-30-08, 10:40 AM
Talking Completed connections and it runs great!

Hello again,

I made the following connections for the fuel system:

1) Ran a fuel line from the intake port of the carburetor down through the smaller of the two holes in the fuel tank and connected to a new fuel filter - allowing enough slack in the fuel line that the filter lays down at the bottom of the fuel tank.

2) For the vent hole, I used a short 2-inch length of fuel line; inside the fuel tank I used the inline connector and attached one end to the fuel line and the other to the duckbill check valve. Outside the tank, I inserted the vent plug into the end of the fuel line and carefully pushed it down halfway into the vent hole.
for yo
I installed the air filter and cover; put in fresh fuel (40:1 gas/oil mixture) and started the chainsaw on the third pull of the starter cord.

After warming it up, I cut wood for about 30 minutes (from 1" to 12" diameter). Saw ran and cut great!! http://forum.doityourself.com/images...es/biggrin.gif

Thanks!!

Old 04-30-08, 07:06 PM
Super duper! Thanks for the update.