Husqvarna YTH 180 woe's ........

Old 04-29-08, 04:46 PM
Husqvarna YTH 180 woe's ........

Husqvarna YTH 180
Family # SKH624U1G2RB
Model # CV18S
Spec # 61533

I attempted to start this engine today with no luck. First, it started no problem, then died on me very soon afterwards. Started again and died. Next, it will not even act like it's firing at all. I installed fresh gas. No go. Checked the plugs and they are dry. I would think they'd be wet after all this cranking. Checked for fire via holding a screwdriver, with my hand, in the boot while cranking. Seems to be very little fire as it didn't give me a real jolt on either boot. But it is getting fire. The carb has, as I recall, 4.5 or 5.0 volts to the switch on the carb bowl with the key turned on. Am I correct that this switch should recieve a constant 12V supply? I'll check for corroded wires and see what I can come up with. The last few times I've mowed with it, the rpms picked up and slowed down occassionally. Not every time I mowed with it, just occassionally did it do this. I checked the fuel delivery, all the way to the carb, and all is good. Am I looking at a carb rebuild, or does anyone have any suggestions other than the 12v supply mentioned in this thread? Thanks in advance for any assistance you guy's can offer............... ALAN

Last edited by k301s_first; 04-29-08 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-08, 11:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
There should be a full 12 volts to the fuel shutoff solenoid as you suspect.

Search this Thread