Troy Bilt TB575ss weedeater won't start

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-08, 02:53 PM
Troy Bilt TB575ss weedeater won't start

Never even hits. Not getting any gas. Cleaned Filter, checked spark on plug (ok) changed gas. Won't if even kick. After adding gas to the combustion chamber it started immediately first pull then died immediately. Don't know anything about the bulb, it appears to work but seems like just moving gas through one tube and into the other tube and then back into the first tube again. I don't think its getting into the carb, might be wrong though. Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-08, 06:05 PM
The primer is acting just as it should. On two-stroke engines it doesn't inject any fuel into the carburetor venturi it merely circulates fuel through the entire fuel system, including the carburetor as well as purging any air from the system. If you can cheat prime the engine and have it run then this indicates that the carburetor is not delivering fuel and needs to be removed, cleaned and reconditioned with the proper rebuild kit. Post back with the carburetor make, model and serial numbers and I can provide you with the correct kit part number.

Old 05-01-08, 06:22 AM
the model # for the trimmer is Troy bilt TB575SS and from the manufacture's website the carb w/primer part number is 753-05251.

Thanks for your help. Isn't it possible that a piece of dirt is clogging up a port and should I assess this before rebuilding the carb.

How difficult is cleaning and/or rebuilding the carb. I guess its not possible to purge the lines/carb without removing it.

Thanks again.

Old 05-01-08, 05:14 PM
Kennn, It is possible for a piece of dirt to be lodged in a passage, but you will need the gaskets to put the carb back together. Puey is killing 2 birds with one stone & fixing it right the first time. You shouldn't use the old gaskets, So why not clean everything & put the kit in... Have fun,, Roger

Old 05-01-08, 07:18 PM
hopkinsr2

When you put it like that it makes a lot of sense. Thanks to both you and puey61 for all your help.

Ken

Old 05-03-08, 09:08 AM
In taking your advise I tried to locate a rebuild kit. Was able to find the gasket and the carb, however, no reference to a kit.

Contacted the local Troy bilt dealer and he got the same results. He indicated that they may not be made. Said rebuilt kits for small engines typically only have the gasket and diaphragm and that the diaphragm usually doesn't go bad.

That being the case I'm thinking I may try to clean the carb and replace the gasket after verifing the diaphram is in good conditions. Does the above sound correct and if so what would determine if the diaphragm needs to be replaced, and if so I guess I would have to buy a new carb.

Thanks in advance

Old 05-03-08, 11:25 AM
Some primers do actually spay gas into the carb throat. Primer bulbs or bad lines cause more problems for me than the carb it self

Old 05-03-08, 03:49 PM
There is a kit for your carb. It's probaly made by warlbo, zama, or tillston. If you can supply us with the #s & the make off the carb, we can give you the part # for the kit. As gejandsons stated, check the lines close, but I've yet to see a small diaghram 2 stroke carb that primed into the carb.. Mostly all "purge" air, but every make is different, That's why I keep a Diesel engine spark plug in my toolbox, It's always good to win a bet for a burger & fries Roger
P.S, The bets always on about sparkplugs in Diesels, just remember I like bacon & cheese on my burger

Old 05-04-08, 11:04 AM
Point of clarifcation: The motor uses pure gasoline which I think makes a a four stroke engine.

Troy bilt model# TB575SS
The manufacturer's websiteowner/manual part number for the carb w/primer is 753-05251.

The only number found on the carb found is below

"229
609"

the only other number found on the motor is on the muffler and is 751-10218

In blowing air through tubes to and from gas tank they appear to be clear.

In removing the choke cover and unscrewing/removing the carb from insulator (not removing the gasket), I pushed the bubble several time and saw no gas enter the carburetor throat or from the bottom end of carb. Would it be a bad idea to force air through the carb gas ports and try to remove any blockage that may be present.

Any help locating rebuild kit and/or other assistance in repairing the trimmer much appreciated.

Thanks again

Closed Thread