B & S 5 H.P. rear tine tiller from Craftsman

Old 05-01-08, 05:32 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
B & S 5 H.P. rear tine tiller from Craftsman

I'm having a hard time to start. It's got fresh gas, oil is fine, spark is firing when I hold it next to the grill and pull cord. Any suggestions will be appreaciated.
Kyle

Old 05-01-08, 08:21 AM
G
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
Post the engine model#, type# and code usually found on the engine shroud just above the spark plug and someone will get you going. For now, try squirting a little gas in the spark plug hole to see if it will run for a short time. Have a good one. Geo

Old 05-01-08, 08:58 AM
K
model # 130202
type# 3129 01
code 91040207

I set spark plug at .030.
I took the spark plug out while it was connected to the coil wire and held it close to the grill/bolt and pulled the cord and saw it jumping.
I just sprayed starting fluid in the carb with air cleaner off.
I am going to walmart right now and get a spark plug just like this one (J19LM Champion)
I have the carb. off and am carring it to parts store and get some Carb. cleaner and let it soak for 6 hrs and get a new carb. kit and put on new gaskets. I'll take the old carb apart carefully and observe how floats, needles, bowls, etc. is in there so that I can put back together. Can you send me some pics of putting carb back together? I may not remember how all those links went to the carb.

Thanks for your help and any others out there
Kyle

Last edited by mattison; 05-01-08 at 10:21 AM. Reason: E-mail address removed for your safety.
Old 05-01-08, 01:03 PM
G
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
You can go to the B&S site for the IPL for your carb. www.briggsandstratton.com then select Maintenance/Repair then manual/ipl then enter your model# and type# and it will give you the parts list or go to the link below and enter the model# and type#. Sounds like you are on the right track. Have a good one. Geo
http://www.briggsandstratton.com/mai...nav3&subMenu=3

Old 05-01-08, 06:03 PM
K
Thanks for all your help. It is put back together and tearing up the yard
Kyle

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: