weedeater problems!

Old 05-02-08, 03:14 PM
weedeater problems!

Hi! I have a Craftsman weedeater and the air/fuel mixture screws are 12 point screw heads I suppose. But I can't find anything that fits them. Haven't been able to track down a Snap-on man as of yet. Any suggestions on what tool is suppoesd to be utilized here? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-08, 03:37 PM
My Craftsman may be different than yours--I can reach mine w/ a very fine pin nose pliers...........

Old 06-10-08, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by Itrucker View Post
Hi! I have a Craftsman weedeater and the air/fuel mixture screws are 12 point screw heads I suppose. But I can't find anything that fits them. Haven't been able to track down a Snap-on man as of yet. Any suggestions on what tool is suppoesd to be utilized here? Thanks
I had the same problem finding a tool that fits the 12 point inverted screw heads. I found the tool that fits at Harbor Freight Tools. It is a part of a 16 piece precision screwdriver set(Lot #4143). If there isn't a Harbor Freight in your town, then you can order it online at www.harborfreightusa.com. Although I have not been able to get the right air/fuel mixture setting to keep my weedeater going when I give it gas, hopefully you'll have better luck. Let me know if you can get it to work.

Old 06-11-08, 05:50 AM
PN#530035560 about $5. available through partstree.com or partstore.com.

If you just google those numbers you will get other sites. Or in the ebay search just type in "walbro carb tool" and you will get a couple of hits.

Good luck

Old 06-11-08, 08:53 AM
Here is a "rig",
Slide a flatblade screwdriver into the connector plate of the connector then force it over the screw head, in some cases you micht need to warm up the connector first. Refer to the photo below. Have a good one. Geo
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...bb/Picture.jpg