Craftsman Eager 1 6HP Wont Run/Stalls

Old 05-07-08, 06:54 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Craftsman Eager 1 6HP Wont Run/Stalls

I have a 6hp Craftsman Eager 1 21'' selp propelled mower. I recently changed the blade, checked oil, cleaned carb and added new fuel. I pulled the mower over about 40 times, yes 40 times, and then i finally got it running. Sometime it was very hard to pull, like the cylinder had too much fuel in it or something, and the pull cord would rip out of my hands. i cleaned the carb as i stated, re-adusted the governor and still nothing. most of the time its easy to pull, others it get tough. i got the mower running once, left it going for about 5 min, though it was bouncing and not runnign correctly, then it just died. do i have a vavle problem? what causes the pull cord to be so hard to pull sometimes? any answers are greatly appreciated. i know a bit about small engines, but this is stumping me. it has plenty of spark. the primer bulb,hm im not sure if its working properly, doesnt seem like its going much. but i could be wrong. this is driving me nuts! i dont know what else to try?
thanks in advance
Jack

Old 05-07-08, 07:08 PM
S
Most likely a sheared/partially sheared flywheel key

Old 05-07-08, 07:14 PM
J
i had a feeling that it could have been that. all i have to do is take off the covers, pull off the flywheel and put in a new key if thats the problem right?

thanks for the quick reply

Old 05-07-08, 07:28 PM
G
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
That's all you gotta do, make sure to get the new one inserted and tightened properly. Have a good one. Geo

Old 05-07-08, 07:32 PM
S
That should be it, but remember when a key shears something was hit hard, just be sure crankshaft is not bent. Good luck

Old 05-08-08, 11:12 AM
J
thats guys. i just picked the mower up recently so im not sure if it had ever hit something hard, but im sure its a possibility. appreciate the responses.

thanks again
Jack

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: