Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

MTD With Techumsa 5hp engine

OH

05-10-08, 07:53 AM   #1  
MTD With Techumsa 5hp engine

I have an MTD with said 5hp tech. motor. It ran out of oil, and is partially seized up. Is there any chance of bringing the engine back to life with maybe a rebuild kit? Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Cory

Sponsored Links

MO

05-10-08, 12:34 PM   #2  
Post the engine Model numbers usually found on the engine shroud. I am sure the parts are available, however, the cost will usually be more than the value of the original product. Have a good one. Geo

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-10-08, 11:45 PM   #3  
yeah, there's a chance maybe, but you may need a piston, rings, rod, and then you might have aluminum transfer on the crankshaft, scoring in the cylinder, and galling on the crankshaft bearings. If it were mine, I wouldn't even open it up to see how good/bad it is inside. It's not worth it in my opinion. If you do decide to give it a shot, let us know if we can help you through it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OH

05-13-08, 08:08 AM   #4  
I'll get the model number and serial number of the engine, and see what i can work out.

MA

05-13-08, 01:07 PM   #5  
What is the application?

Search this Thread