Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper rider with techumseh motor

RI

05-13-08, 12:44 PM   #1  
Snapper rider with techumseh motor

not sure of Hp but its model # TVM 140 70385 its on an older snapper riding mower rear engine. the carb was rebuilt,and it runs alright. im just wondering about the adjustment screws. theres one on the bottom of the bowl, and i have that one out 1 1/2 turns. theres another one on the side of the carb, and i cant remember how many turns out it is. if anyone can help i would appreciate it. i had the mower running ok, then i turned it off. and i can back in 10 min and it was dripping gas pretty bad. i have the gas line clamped shut as i type this. if anyone give help me out that would be great.

thanks
Jack

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-14-08, 12:13 AM   #2  
If the engine was running fine before, then I'd leave the adjustments alone because they aren't the reason for the dripping gas. That is caused by a bad float or needle and seat. Remove the carb bowl and the float. Shake the float near your ear. Hear gas sloshing in it? If so, that's the problem and you need to replace it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread