Which mower to buy

Old 05-14-08, 05:03 PM
Question Which mower to buy

I have a craftsman 23 hp garden tractor that is about 10 yrs old ..Nothing really wrong with it except that it takes about 5 hours to mow my 3.5 acres mostly flat property with the usual trees and shrubs to mow around. I'm just looking to get something a little bigger with more hp, but still like the advantages of it being a garden tractor so i can use it for other things. I have looked at the sears garden tractor pro deluxe 27 hp with a 54'' deck for 2700.00. I looked at the john deere 26 hp with 54''deck at lowes for 2600.00., and a husqvarna 26 hp at lowes for 2300.00 which also has 54'' deck and is a garden tractor...Need a little help choosing the right one and it could be another brand, this is just the ones i have looked at...thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-08, 07:13 PM
Since you already have a garden tractor have you considered a zero turn mower ? They can cut mow time almost in half and you still have your GT for other jobs.

Just a thought.....

Cya

Old 05-15-08, 12:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Like 31YTech said, a ZTR can really cut mowing time.

Of the mowers you have listed, I think I'd be inclined to pick the one with a kohler command or magnum engine if it is still available in any of these. Also, one with electric PTO. I think I would lean to the craftsman and husquvarna if it were my decision.