Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Arien Roto Tiller Problems

CANADA

05-20-08, 04:24 AM   #1  
Arien Roto Tiller Problems

This may be a two-fold problem and require two individual posts, but lets try here.

I have an Ariens Roto Tiller, and I started it last week and after some cranking, cleaning of plug, it finally started. I was all prepared to start tilling, but decided to add gasoline to it in order to have more than enough. Now this gas was old about 4 months in the container, however the tiller started right up, but only ran for about 10 minutes and then just slowed down and stopped running, and I can't restart it, so could it be a gas problem, for example water in the gas, or is there something else I should be looking at.

Also please note the tiller was stored without gas stabilizer, and I imagine its too late for that now.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-20-08, 11:01 PM   #2  
Check for spark and go from there. If it has spark, remove the carb bowl and see if it has water or trash/varnish in it. If so, clean it out. You might have to clean the holes in the bolt that holds the carb bowl on as well.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TN

05-21-08, 09:25 PM   #3  
If i where you i would drain the old gas from the tank and then give the carb a good cleaning that should solve any problems.

Search this Thread