Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Help on wiring 14hp Briggs

IN

05-20-08, 01:08 PM   #1  
Need Help on wiring 14hp Briggs

Here it is i've taken off a 20hp V it blow ,and already have a 14 hp briggs i;ve hook up the stator wires , But theres two more wires with a conactor coming from the bottom of carb. How or what can i wire this up to and make it work..After removing 20 V engine there was only one yellow wire hook up to engine not including the stator so what did this wire do????My Gandfathers rider blow lower bottom of the V engine and I had a newer 14 hp sitting around so to help I thaught i'd try the engine swap NEED INFO an THANKS ALOT

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-20-08, 10:53 PM   #2  
I don't know what engine you have, had, or what mower harness it's going on...but the 20hp Vtwin should have had a fuel solenoid at the bottom of the carb on it as well, correct? You should be able to get power for the new carb solenoid from that wire.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IN

05-21-08, 07:10 AM   #3  
hey and thank you for response ok the V20 had all together two wires in one conector and one black wire from the engine beleive it to magnet. which turns into yellow to harness the 14.5 has the smae from stator but it has two from carb no wires are coming from the carb on v20

IN

05-21-08, 10:39 AM   #4  
Thank You Cheese ..

HEY wanted to let you know i've got it cutting and running great ! I ran a hot wire too the gray wire on the crab.and found the yellow wire was a kill switch from the key its self .SO THANKYOU i changed out V-twin 20hp and but in a 14.5 hp both briggs , didnt even half too drill a hole this type of frame is the same thats used for most briggs straton engines and sizes , from sears to MTD and so on if its briggs set up them alot of engines will work THANK YOU

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-22-08, 01:44 AM   #5  
Glad you got it fixed!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread