Mcculloch 320

Old 05-22-08, 04:34 PM
Mcculloch 320

I am using this engine on a pedal bike. Put a sprocket on the clutch and use a chain. but anyway. I cant get it started.
I do have spark and I can tell it does have pretty compression by just pulling but I will test it just incase. The fly wheel has not been removed so the timing should be good. Can anyone think of anything else? I am putting gas in the cylinder and pulling but still no go.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-08, 12:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is the chain installed while you're trying to start it?

Old 05-23-08, 06:31 AM
No, the clutch isnt installed at the momment. I still need to put braze the sprocket on it. I am going to set the timing a little ealier. I once had a weed wacker engine that would not and after setting the timing earlier it ran good. Also I am thinking of making engine mods. DO you know that WONT put blow the engine.

Old 05-23-08, 01:28 PM
Ok. I can get it running by pouring gas down the cylinder. It wasnt sucking gas through the gas line so i cleaned the carb. It just wont stay running.

Old 05-23-08, 02:09 PM
Ok. I fooled around with the High and Low settings on the carbs. Runs ok. Little bit of bogging. I found that they rev pretty dam high also. Is this just me?

Old 05-23-08, 09:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
2 strokes rev high. If you have it running too lean, it will rev extremely high and score the cylinder very quickly, ruining the engine. Get it to the highest rpm, and open the H screw a bit until the high speed comes down and the engine gets a bit of a flutter sound to it.

Old 05-25-08, 09:56 AM
Ok thanks. I also put a lil bit of extra oil in my gas just incase.