Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Help identifying Scott Turfmaster Riding Lawn Mower

PA

05-23-08, 05:42 AM   #1  
Help identifying Scott Turfmaster Riding Lawn Mower

I've come across a 'garage find' Scott Turfmaster Riding Mower with all wheel steer (?). It is reportedly 11 years old, with very low hours. It has manuals and spare keys! Asking $550, but I can't find much at all about this animal on the net. I would appreciate any and all help.

Sponsored Links

PA

05-23-08, 09:09 AM   #2  
I am unaware of any Scotts riding mowers that came with all wheel steer or 4WD. The ones made by Deere eventually became the "L" series entry level tractors (many attachments will interchange and Deere supports with parts). Prior to Deere, I believe they were Murrays (Murray is gone, good luck with parts).

WI

05-23-08, 10:54 AM   #3  
Your unit was probably built by Murray for Scotts and before John Deere took over the job. Parts are questionable to availablity as you may know Murray did the bankrupt thing and Briggs bought the Name. Most parts I am able to get through my Briggs distributer when I get one of these in my shop but I have to call them for the cross over part numbers. Some numbers only end up with a MA on the end and other have a complete change.

VA

07-06-08, 11:53 AM   #4  
Scotts turf master

I have the same mower w/4 wheel steering. I got it new in 1995 and have only had minor trouble with it. If you need parts try looking for Noma or AMF. Hope this helps!!!

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-07-08, 12:59 AM   #5  
I agree that it is a murray/dynamark product. Parts availability is questionable. I don't know if you're looking for advice about buying it or not, but I wouldn't.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread