Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

17 hp yard machines issue

NY

05-23-08, 05:35 PM   #1  
17 hp yard machines issue

Hi,
I was going to buy a used but newer 17hp yard machines mower. The guy agreed to deliver it. When were unloading it, it rolled fine untill it was going down the ramps. It acted like it was in gear.he started it and moved it to my driveway and it wouldn't free roll. It had the F/N/R lever in the middle in Nutral and had the P,1-7 gear selector also located on the same plate(right side) as the F/N/R lever. I don't have the model # but it was rather new.

any ideas why it wouldn't roll and seemed like it was in gear?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-23-08, 09:19 PM   #2  
Could be the brake stuck. You can usually reach under the mower on the side of the tranny where the brake is located and nudge the brake arm towards the front of the mower to un-stick it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

05-24-08, 06:43 AM   #3  
Could be the brake stuck. You can usually reach under the mower on the side of the tranny where the brake is located and nudge the brake arm towards the front of the mower to un-stick it.

Thanks Cheese,
I will try to check that. I remember a silver arm by the brake. I don't remember if it was holding the brake down all the time. I do know he was quick to reload it on his truck and refund my money. If I knew the model # it would help.

Search this Thread