Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Lawn mower just shut off, no spark

MO

05-24-08, 08:44 AM   #1  
Lawn mower just shut off, no spark

ok, so I Have a Sabre Riding Lawn mower, with a B&S motor (model: 28N707, Type: 0635A1, Code: 9604234A) that will not run. I was cutting grass when the mower just cutt off, almost like I turned the key off. the seat switch seems to be good. My neighbor and I found that it wasn't getting spark. we found a bad diode, and replaced it. we were getting spar after that, and it still would not run unless gas was poured into the carb. came back the next day and cleaned the card really good, made sure all the orfaces were clear and it still would not fire. I have not tested the diode yet, but I am not getting spark again. Is there anything else I should check. I know for sure I am getting fuel to the bowl. I am lost, and I need to get the back yard cut lol
thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsored Links

FL

05-24-08, 08:38 PM   #2  
does the engine have "ohv" on the valve cover?
does the engine have "intek" on the valve cover?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-24-08, 09:10 PM   #3  
Intermittent spark, and no fuel to the cylinder. The only common bond I can think of right off the bat is the wiring to the engine from the mower. If it were pinched or damaged, it could intermittently ground the kill wire to the coil and possibly have cut the power wire to the fuel shutoff solenoid on the carb. Does the fuel shutoff solenoid click when you turn the key on?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread